Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Pledge by Kimberly Derting


Grade: 4 Butterflies
Name: The Pledge (The Pledge #1)
Author: Kimberly Derting
Released: November 15th 2011
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Page Amount: 323 pages

                         Goodreads summary


In the violent country of Ludania, the classes are strictly divided by the language they speak. The smallest transgression, like looking a member of a higher class in the eye while they are speaking their native tongue, results in immediate execution. Seventeen-year-old Charlaina has always been able to understand the languages of all classes, and she's spent her life trying to hide her secret. The only place she can really be free is the drug-fueled underground clubs where people go to shake off the oppressive rules of the world they live in. It's there that she meets a beautiful and mysterious boy named Max who speaks a language she's never heard before . . . and her secret is almost exposed.

Charlie is intensely attracted to Max, even though she can't be sure where his real loyalties lie. As the emergency drills give way to real crisis and the violence escalates, it becomes clear that Charlie is the key to something much bigger: her country's only chance for freedom from the terrible power of a deadly regime

 
                                            ****************************

My thoughts

     I love Kimberly Derting, I love her books, I love her writing style,she is one of my favorite authors. So, when I saw that she had another book coming out I immediately got this book and it was......great, but it disappointed me a little. I love all of Kimberly Derting books and this one felt like it wasn't on the same level as her other books. It was good, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't her best book.
    The plot was good, fast paced, and it kept me guessing though out the whole book. However, it felt like it was missing something. I don't know what exactly, but something was missing.
     The characters where good and I liked them a lot. I connected with them, and you guys know that if I can't connect with with the characters then the book is most likely ruined. I loved, loved Charlie, she felt like a very realistic heroine. I just loved that about her.
    All in all, this was a great book, but for Kimberly Derting fans might be disappointing.

This got....


 4 Butterflies
Beloved, This is a really good book.
Recommended if you like: Dystopian and Kimberly Derting.




Thats my review, I hope you like it.
Happy reading.







                          



No comments:

Post a Comment