Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Monday, February 11, 2013

Review: Return to Paradise by Simone Elkeles.


Grade: 4 Butterflies
Name: Return to Paradise (Leaving Paradise #2)
Author: Simone Elkeles.
Source: My Booksleves
Released: September 1st 2010
Pulisher: Flux
Pages: Paperback, 302 pages

Goodreads summary

Caleb Becker left Paradise eight months ago, taking with him the secret he promised to take to his grave. If the truth got out, it would ruin everything.

Maggie Armstrong tried to be strong after Caleb broke her heart and disappeared. Somehow, she managed to move on. She's determined to make a new life for herself.

But then Caleb and Maggie are forced together on a summer trip. They try ignoring their passion for each other, but buried feelings resurface. Caleb must face the truth about the night of Maggie's accident, or the secret that destroyed their relationship will forever stand between them.






 

       I read and loved the first book in this series and when I got this book I was so excited to read it. I was also really hesitant to read it, because I knew that this was the last book in the series, since its a dueology. So, its the two books I'm always weary to read, the second book and the last book. When I started reading this book I was instantly caught in the story of Caleb and Maggie. It sadly wasn't as good as the first one, but it was still a great conclusion to Caleb and Maggie's story.

      Like I said, I was immediately caught up in the plot. I really love the story of Caleb and Maggie, I love their relationship, the drama, everything about their story. The plot in this book just wraps you up in their story and never lets you go. The pace in this book is so fast, I finished this book in less then a day.

      However, I kept getting confused in the beginning on why they didn't want to be with each other. I understand why Maggie was mad at Caleb, but I never understood why Caleb was mad at Maggie. I don't know why that is, maybe because it was never really clearly stated on why they didn't want to be together, even though they loved each other.

      I love the characters in this whole series and I really admire them, because they could get past their fears and worries. That's a trait in characters that I really love. They also had their faults and I love it when the author puts faults in their characters, because then they feel so much more real and that's what happened in this book. The characters felt so real.

      So, while this book was so much better then most I've read, there was something missing that the first book had. The first book was amazing and blew me away, but this book wasn't.....as magical as the first one. which was such a disappointment.

     All in all, This was a great conclusion to a brilliant story that I really love. Even though it wasn't as great as the first, it was still really great. And I highly recommend that, if you haven't read this series yet, do so now, because its a great series.

This book got...


4 Butterflies
Beloved, This is a really good book.

Recommend if you like: The Perfect Chemistry series, Leaving Paradise, and love stories.



Thats my review, I hope you liked it.
Happy reading












No comments:

Post a Comment