Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Review: Everbound by Brodi Ashton.



Grade4.5 Butterflies
Name: Everbound (Everneath #2)
Author: Brodi Ashton
Source: My Bookshelves
PublisherBalzer + Bray
Pages: Hardcover358 pages

Warning: Do not read any farther if you haven't read the first book Everneath. See my review of it HERE.

Goodreads Summary

Nikki Beckett could only watch as her boyfriend, Jack, sacrificed himself to save her, taking her place in the Tunnels of the Everneath for eternity — a debt that should’ve been hers. She’s living a borrowed life, and she doesn’t know what to do with the guilt. And every night Jack appears in her dreams, lost and confused and wasting away.

Desperate for answers, Nikki turns to Cole, the immortal bad boy who wants to make her his queen — and the one person least likely to help. But his heart has been touched by everything about Nikki, and he agrees to assist her in the only way he can: by taking her to the Everneath himself.

Nikki and Cole descend into the Everneath, only to discover that their journey will be more difficult than they’d anticipated — and more deadly. But Nikki vows to stop at nothing to save Jack — even if it means making an incredible sacrifice of her own.



     After reading the first one Everneath and reading that cliffhanger I really wanted to read the sequel and I was lucky enough to win a signed copy of it. I read it as soon as I could and I loved it!! And this book did something that is really rare, it made me love this series, a squeal making me love the series instead of the first one happened only once before this. This book was so much better then the first, where I barely felt a connection with the characters and the plot was a little slow, this one was the exact opposite.

     The plot for me didn't start until page 100, because for those first 100 pages it was just getting caught up with the summary. Nikki was trying to convince Cole to come with her into the everneath and it wasn't really exciting, because we knew what happens in that matter. However, Brodi Ashton wrote that part beautifully, because while it wasn't really exciting, it wasn't boring either and I had just so much respect for her when I noticed that. In fact, she wrote that part so good it wasn't until page 100 that I noticed that it was all the summary.

     After we got caught up in with the plot on page 100 the plot just shot forward. There was so much action and mystery, suspense and twists and turns that I didn't see coming in a million years, especially that ending, but I won't go there yet. I also loved learning more about the everneath. Brodi Ashton did a wonderful job with the world building, she explained the everneath in such a good way, she didn't go into to much detail that it took a whole page to explain how this one thing looked, but she didn't say to little where you got confused, She wrote it perfectly.

     The characters where so much better in this book, I felt so connected with Nikki, and Cole got a lot more depth to his character. However (I am going to try and say this part without spoiling anything), for most of the book I didn't really like Nikki, because I really loved this one character and he loved her, but I felt like she didn't deserve him. And then that ending happened and I wanted to kill him, like literally push him off a cliff and I started to really love Nikki again, because I got it wrong, he didn't deserve her.

     This ending is what really made me love this book. At first I hated that Brodi Ashton did that, but now I love it, because it made the book more.... realistic and heart wrenching. And I really loved that, because I love books that put you on a roller coaster of emotions and make you fear for the characters. The ending also made me realized how emotionally invested I am in these characters. When that bombshell ('cause it wasn't a cliffhanger it was a bombshell) was revealed my heart stopped beating and I just sat there stunned for a full five minutes before I fully understand what happened.

     All I really have left to say is read this series as soon as you can, because even if you don't like the first one this one will blow you away. This book is what made this series into me top five favorite series, because it was just so outstanding. Almost everything about it blew my mind, if the first 100 pages weren't spent catching up with the summary it would have gotten 5 Butterflies, it was so great!

This book got...

4.5 Butterflies
Beautiful, this is a great book. 

Reccomened if you like: The Everneath series, Greek Mythology, and Love stories.


Thats my review, I hope you pick these books up, because they are great.
Happy reading.










No comments:

Post a Comment