Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Predictions & Hopes (1)


So, I came up with this segment and it is where I'll be spotlighting a couple books and telling you my hopes and predictions for it. The only thing is that the book can't be already released and has to be a next installment in a series. So, its up to date and everybody can join into the discussion, because some people wouldn't be able to join in if your talking about a second book when the forth is already released. Anyway, on to my hopes and predictions. Also, tell my in the comments if you have or know another segment called Hopes and Predictions.


Evertrue by Brodi Ashton.





:No Summary:
We get nothing.



First off I want to say I love this name, it just sounds really cool.

For the cover I predict that it will have a color scheme of white. The first book was tan and red, the second book was black, I think that white is a color that would go great with them. Not to mention white is the color of smoke and all of the other covers has smoke in it.

I hope that the book tells us why Cole did that. I don't know why he would force the girl he loves to do that. When I read that part I thought that he didn't love her, because you don't do that to a person you love. He knew she never wanted that and yet he did it anyway. Then I read the  novella and he does love her. So, why the heck would he do that?? It wasn't in her best interest, what would have been in her best interest would have been to tie her up until Jack died so she wouldn't be in danger. Instead he tricked her and deceived her, you don't do that to the person you love! I hope its revealed why he did it and if the reason was to force her to become queen then there is no hope for him and I hope he just goes away. I know that sounds bad, but if that's the reason then he doesn't deserve her.

I also predict that something is wrong with Jack, did anyone else pick up on that vibe? Something was wrong with him. I'm pretty sure that is going to come into play sometime in this book.  Also a little side note, is this a trilogy or what?



Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas.



After a year of hard labor in the Salt Mines of Endovier, eighteen-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien has won the king's contest to become the new royal assassin. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown – a secret she hides from even her most intimate confidantes.

Keeping up the deadly charade—while pretending to do the king's bidding—will test her in frightening new ways, especially when she's given a task that could jeopardize everything she's come to care for. And there are far more dangerous forces gathering on the horizon -- forces that threaten to destroy her entire world, and will surely force Celaena to make a choice. 

Where do the assassin’s loyalties lie, and who is she most willing to fight for?




I hope there is magic is in this book. I was just re-reading Throne of Glass and in the beginning when their going through the forest it talks about magic, fairies, elves, all those kinds of creatures. And I hope in this one there is something to do with those creatures. And that we figure out if Celaena has magic, because I really want to know this.


I also hope that She and  Captain Westfall are thrown into a situation where they have to be together. Where Westfall can learn that she isn't all bad, that she is a good person. And where there relationship blossoms a little more, because I want her to end up with him. I just like him better, and think he is better for her. 



The last thing I hope happens, is I hope the thing with the king is evaluated more. Wouldn't that make an awesome book if she starts to figure that out? I would love it!




That's it, please join in on the discussion about these books on what you think/hope will happen in them in the comments.
Happy reading.












3 comments:

  1. Cole probably did that so she'll be immortal, like him. When you're immortal, you can live forever, so he's planning on taking that time to make Nikki forgive him, because as the saying goes, time heals all wounds.
    And yep, it's a trilogy. (:
    I like your new feature Kimberly! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope that's not the cause. Because that's a little across the line. And if that is the cause I really hope Nikki doesn't forgive him or else I'm out on the whole series. Unless its written well, which is almost a most with Brodi Ashton.
      Thanks :D

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea for a feature!! I cannot wait for Evertrue. Everbound blew me away (and that's saying something because i thought Everneath was just ok). I was speechless with that ending. I think she will destroy everything and I'm hoping somehow she can reverse what happened. I definitely thing something is up with Jack but I don't know if it is as dramatic as what happened to Nikki.

    I also cannot wait for Crown of Midnight (you picked two really good books!). I kind of like her with the prince so I don't know if I'm rooting for Westfall but I do enjoy this love triangle more than most. I expect there to be more magic after the glimpse we got at the end of the last book. I expect the King will ask a lot of her and she will try to resist and maybe even be driven to run away or lead a revolution or Idk.

    I am really quite terrible with predictions but I lots of hopes hah!

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete