Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Friday, May 3, 2013

Review: Significance by Shelly Crane


Grade: Butterflies
Name: Significance (Significance #1)
Author: Shelly Crane
Pages: E-Book 387

Goodreads Summery

Maggie is a seventeen year old girl who's had a bad year. She was smart and on track, but then her mom left, her dad is depressed, she's graduating - barely - and her boyfriend of almost three years dumped her for a college football scholarship. Lately she thinks life is all about hanging on by a thread and is gripping tight with everything she has.
Then she saves the life of Caleb and instantly knows there's something about him that's intriguing. But things change when they touch, sparks ignite. Literally.
They imprint with each other and she sees their future life together flash before her eyes. She learns that not only is she his soul mate, and can feel his heartbeat in her chest, but there is a whole other world of people with gifts and abilities that she never knew existed. She herself is experiencing supernatural changes unlike anything she's ever felt before and she needs the touch of his skin to survive.
Now, not only has her dad come out of his depression to be a father again, and a pain as well, but Caleb's enemies know he's imprinted and are after Maggie to stop them both from gaining their abilities and take her from him.

Can Caleb save her or will they be forced to live without each other after just finding one another?




I've talked about how much I loved this series a little bit and I realized that I never reviewed it, shame on me.  I found this while just surfing the Barnes & Noble's website and it looked really interesting and sweet and it was about 1 dollar. So, I got it and read it and fell in love with it! It was good!! It was outstanding!

So, this is a love story between Maggie and Caleb with a paranormal twist to it. I'm not going to tell you what it is, because that's kind of a spoiler. However, even though the love story is the main focus in this book there is still action and suspense. There is just so much more to the story than just a love story. That's one of the things I love about it, the plot is so dynamic. And that really shows how great of an author Shelly crane is.

The only really bad thing about is their is insta-love in this book. However, it again shows how great of an author Shelly Crane is, because she gave a reason for the insta-love. You have to read it to understand what I am saying, but there was a legit reason for how they felt about each other. And the author also makes the characters realize that it is a little bit like insta-love. That made their relationship even more realistic, because they realized that and took a step back and tried to take it slow. My bottom line is that this author did the impossible and made insta-love believable. Some people might still think their relationship is cheesy, but in my mind Shelly Crane made it realistic and lovable.

That out of the way, I loved these characters! They where so well written and relate-able. Maggie felt like a normal person so you were able to connect with her on so many levels. And the character development in this book was fantastic. Not just for Maggie but her father as while and that again shows the amazingness that is Shelly Cranes writing. It was just so great! My favorite character in here was Caleb, he is the perfect guy. He was sweet, he took it slow. He's just amazing!

I could keep going on about how much I love this book, but i'll stop with this, read this book! Now! It is that great! I loved the plot, I loved the characters, I loved Maggie's and Caleb's relationship, even though it was a bit insta-lovey, but like I said the author made that believable. Read this. If your a fan of love stories, read this. If your a fan of paranormal books, read this. If your a fan a outstanding writing, read this. I loved this book and I want everybody else to also love it.

This book got...


 5 Butterflies
Blew me away, one of the best books ever.




Happy reading.









No comments:

Post a Comment