Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Mini Review: Fullmetal Alchemist volume 4 by Hiromu Arakawa

     Starting with this review I will be doing my new rating system for Manga's and Graphic Novels where I just state if it was "Great", "Good", or "Bad". I'm doing this because since my reviews for them are smaller and simpler than my rating system should match.



Name: Fullmetal Alchemist Volume 4
Author: Hiromu Arakawa
Publisher: VIZ Media LLC 


Trapped and injured in a secret alchemical laboratory, Edward Elric is at the mercy of his enemies, Lust and Envy. But they don't want him dead...they have other plans for him. As the laboratory goes up in flames, the brothers find themselves back at square one, with only an inkling of the massive scale of the Philosopher's Stone conspiracy. But then, Lieutenant Colonel Maes Hughes uncovers a shocking secret...



The third volume in this series ended in a huge cliffhanger and this book starts out right when the last one ended. So, it just throws you back into action and instantly grabs you attention and never lets you go. This volume is full of action, answers, questions, death, and more questions. It is just so good!

Like I said the plot starts out right away and never lets up. You get some answers, but they just led to even more questions. And you are just captivated throughout the whole thing. And what happens in this one is even worse than what happens in the 2 volume. You will cry and cry. And with that death I feel like it made it all more serious and real to me.

The characters are just as if not better than they where before. Alphonse becomes more human in my eyes, you learn more about Edward as a person and you even get hints about him and Winry (by the way I love their relationship in this series, I think it's so cute and so subtle that I just love it).

And the drawings are good, again they aren't the most detailed, but that's just the style of it. I also really like how even though most of the drawings aren't detailed, but when it's an important scene is becomes more detailed. I loved that!

Overall this is another great book in this outstanding series! I loved it! If you are a manga or graphic novel lover and haven't started this series yet, do so now! Because you will not be disappointed.

This book is...



Happy reading






No comments:

Post a Comment