Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Monday, October 28, 2013

Review: Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout


GradeButterflies
Series: Covenant #2 (Covenant #1 review)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Pages: Paperback, 329 pages.

Goodreads Summary

There is need. And then there is Fate. 
Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her. When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon--and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude--or killing her. When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.




I loved Half-Blood, so of course I got my hands on a copy of this book as fast as I could and read it as fast as I could. And holy crap this was amazing!! So, I read this one quite a while ago, like right when it came out. So, I don't remember all this little details, but I do remember how much I loved it!! It was so good!! This book breaks your heart then mends it just to break it into a million pieces again.

The plot in this book was really good. It was a little slow in same places, but the whole mysterious aspect keeps you captivated throughout the whole book. It was just so awesome!! I also really liked how we got to see more of the pure and half-blood world in this book. Before we got the run down of the system and we were at the school, but this time we get to see more of the heart of this world. We got to see how their trials work, we got to see both the good things and then the horrors of this world, namely the elixered servants. We just got to see a lot more of this world and that made it seem a lot more real.

I like how Jennifer L. Armentrout is doing this, she isn't laying down everything about this world in the first book. She is giving us more pieces and facts about this world with each new book. Which I really like, because it means that you rarely get info dumped and it's just really great to see the world grow with each new book.

Speaking of growing, the characters got a lot more depth in this one. Alex got more depth and more kick-assery and Aiden also got some more depth and it's really sweet because you see how much he loves her, even though he won't admit it.And I kind of hate to admit it but Seth got more depth, because he was in this book more than the last one. Before I go farther I need to say something about Seth, I hate him. I hate him, because I feel like all he thinks about is himself. I am honestly baffled on how people can like this guy for a love interest, I mean seriously how can you? The perfect example of this is when he and Alex where training in this book and he somehow sucks power out of her and for a little while got really powerful. And he was standing there in awe of his awesome amazing powers and shooting rocks, completely oblivious to the fact that Alex is about to pass out, because he sucked the energy right out of her. This scene made me really suspicious of him, because the girl you say you have feelings for is fighting not to pass out and you don't even notice?

Also, I am in love with the relationship between her and Aiden (Team Aiden all the way!). They are just perfect for each other and you can feel their chemistry through the pages. It's one of my favorite book relationships I have read.

Overall, this is a really amazing sequel to a really great book!! I love this book and I love the rest of the series and I can not wait for the last one to come out!

This book got....

 4 Butterflies
Beloved, This is a really good book.





Happy reading


No comments:

Post a Comment