Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 Update


Bout of Books

I've been doing well so far. I've finished The Eternity Cure and I'm almost done with Fullmetal Alchemist. So it's been going good, really good considering I've been swamped with school work. 

Updates

Monday:
Pages read: 106
Pages read overall: 106
Books finished: None
Books Finished Overall: None

Tuesday:
Pages read: 120
Pages read overall: 280
Books finished: None
Books finished overall: None

Wednesday:
Pages read: 145
Pages read overall: 425
Books finished: The Eternity Cure
Books finished overall: The Eternity Cure

Challenges

There are two
Double Date Book Challenge -- Writing My Own Fairy Tale
Poem Challenge -- Pen in Her Hand

The rules for the double date challenge are simple
"You must pick two books that you would recommend someone read together (like a double date!) and explain your reasons for the recommendation. You can recommend the books because they are in the same genre, one is a retelling of the other, they deal with the same issues, or maybe they're complete opposites, whatever you want as long as you can explain why they should be read together. Just one exception: they cannot be books from the same series."

So my picks for these are.....



Insomnia by J. R. Johansson and Ten by Gretchen McNeil 
These are both so freaking scary!! I was terrified when I was reading them. And they're total different stories so it wouldn't be like you were reading the same scary story.


Cinder by Marissa Meyer and Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay
These are both such great re-tellings, I loved them!! I feel like they would go so perfectly with one another.



Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins and The Heist Society by Ally Carter.
Even though these are in different genres they are both so fast paced and fun. I had so much fun reading both of these. If you want to read a book that will just lift your spirits I would suggest either of these.


Incarnate by Jodi Meadows and The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
These are both set in different worlds then ours and they are both slower paced, but they are really great. Not that the Immortal Rules doesn't have any action, but I feel both of these focus more on characters and emotions. But please don't think either of these have action in them, they do and they are just simply great  books.

The second challenge, the poem challenge is also simple.
  1. Just choose a novel from any genre, print or ebook, that you’re reading or have finished. Pick a number between 1 and 10, and you’re ready to start!
  2. Flip to a page at random. Using your trusty number (for example, let’s use 7) count down 7 lines. Then count in 7 words. Write that word down. Repeat this process until your have fourteen words. 
  3. Delete two words and add in two words of your own. 
  4. Now arrange your words any way you like to finish your found poem. 

My poem:
I picked the Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa. Here are my words,only, following, his, if, hospital, stick, of, goal, who, starts, thought, cell, knock, behind. And I will delete hospital and stick and replaced them with the and to.

following his goal
who thought behind
of the cell
starts to knock
if only.

So my poem made no sense and to tell you this was hard. It took me so long to make this poem.



So those where the challenges and my updates. How are you doing in the read-a-thon so far?
Happy reading


1 comment:

  1. Your poem made some sense. It sounds very lyrical.
    Congrats in finishing your book and I know you'll finish Full Metal Alchemist!
    I love your double dates especially the first two dates. I have all four of these books but yet have read them. I'm going to try to read them together. Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete